7/13/08

My children's grandmother, their father's mother, a woman who has been a constant soucre of love and understanding for all of us is dying.

She has cancer.

It's in her brain, her liver, her pancreas and her bones.

There is no bouncing back from this cancer, as she did from her bout of breast cancer six years ago, it is just a matter of time.

Today, tomorrow, next month maybe next year no one knows for sure.

I've never dealt with something like this before.

I've lost love ones but it's always been sudden, there on day gone the next.

This is torturous.

Tortuous because I am dealing with the loss of my "other" mother and because I have to deal with my children watching their grandmother die.

In some ways it is worse.

13 comments:

Peong said...

I'm just sending you hugs. That is all. Lots of hugs.

KJ said...

I'm so sorry.

I realize that no matter what I type on hear it doesn't make the situation any easier.

I love ya' and will listen to you vent if needed.

Karl said...

Afternoon Dark Lady,

So sorry to read this, you are having such a ruff time. You might check with the doctors treating her, they could give you information on cancer support groups and the hospice in your area. These folks deal with this all the time and may be able to provide you and your daughter's additional support and insights into dealing with her illness and passing.

You have the strength to get through this. All the best to you.

SheenV said...

Hugs!

What the Chuck said...

Hi DL

Boy,when it rains, it pours...

XOXOXO

Chuck

Anonymous said...

You and the family are in my prayers.

G-Man said...

Dark Lady huh?....
The bitch about this is someone has to be strong. And that someone is YOU!
It will be torturous, you can cry alone...Good Luck....G

SignGurl said...

You know I've been there twice. It is the hardest thing you will ever endure. The hardest part is helping your children understand. I hope you are all able to say what you need to say (thanks, Jon Mayer).

Hugs to you my long lost friend!

Heather said...

I'm so sorry for all of you...

*hug*

just some dude said...

That's hard, I saw my mother go the same way 3 years ago. She lasted longer than the doctors said she would, but that didn't make it any easier, my prayers are with you.

terry said...

i'm so sorry. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I'M SO VERY SORRY. I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL.

Evening said...

I am so sorry.
Hugs.