7/26/08

In the wake of the death of Randy Pausch
( if you do not know who was click the link or Google him, you won't be disappointed)
I have been thinking alot about CHILDHOOD DREAMS and achieving them.
The first thing I tried to do was to think of my childhood dreams and beyond becoming a dancer...I can't remember them.
I honestly don't remember having any.
I think for a brief time I wanted to be in the circus...I wanted to ride the elephant at the beginning of the show but that's about it.
I really can't think of anything else.
I wanted to travel in time but I don't think I'll be achieving that any time soon.
Beyond that, I got nuttin'.
Is that bad?
I don't know if I can't remember my childhood dreams or if I just didn't have them.
Is that normal?
Even today, I really don't have any dreams.
I'd like to travel but that's more of a fantasy because I don't think I'll ever have the money or time to travel past say...Rhode Island.
Is it bad not to have dreams?
And let's not even get started on goals!!

7 comments:

browser58 said...

I am not sure what my childhood dream was , not sure I even had one. But noway it could have been what my life turned out to be.

If I had it to do over again, I would do something different, not sure what, but something.

terry said...

this, i think, is normal when you get caught up in the business of living your life -- especially when you're a solo parent. you don't really have time to entertain dreams, or even establish goals that are your own.

but you're doing a hugely important job, raising two young women, and one day, you'll have room in your life for your own dreams again.

KJ said...

I'd like you to come to Kentucky

Karl said...

Good Morning Dark Lady,

"Beyond becoming a dancer"...you have become a dancer a fine dancer, watching some of the videos you have posted demonstrates that talent.

It doesn't seem odd to forget childhood dreams once you have children, their dreams become your focus.

Jim said...

I bet you still have dreams, whether they're childhood or not. We all reserve the right to modify our childhood dreams anyway, based on reality, economics, and just plain change of heart or interest.

They don't really need anyone to roam the west in search of animal pelts, negotiating with Indians anymore, so I've modified that one.

Now, my dream is to retire near the ocean . . . and stay in touch with all of you people, lol.

XO

What the Chuck said...

Hi DL,

I don't have a lot of dreams, except some way to find a way to slow down AND save the world at the same time.

It just doesn't appear likely.

As far as having your children's dreams be my own -- that's just never been my deal. Seems like all of our lives are caught up in the same whirlwind.

I did have a dream a couple of days ago -- I was on a raft trip going down a beautiful central Idaho river, accompanied by two Thai hookers in clear heels. They kept say 'We like Big Chuck-Chuck, we make him SO happy!!'

Now, I wonder what THAT means?

;-)

XOXO

Chuck

SignGurl said...

Your life will change once your children are less dependent. Life is good :)