8/11/08

I've been reading M Scott. Peck's The Road Less Traveled for nearly a year now.
It hasn't taken me that long!
I just keep re-reading and nodding my head.

I have always felt that this thing called "Romantic Love" was fleeting and at times I've believed that it was non existent.

You should read what old Dr. Peck says about it.

Here's a quote on love

"Love is not a feeling. Love is an action, an activity. . .Genuine love implies commitment and the exercise of wisdom. . . . love as the will to extend oneself for the purpose of nurturing one's own or another's spiritual growth.....true love is an act of will that often transcends ephemeral feelings of love or cathexis, it is correct to say, 'Love is as love does'.”

I'll leave you with this, I was just "informed" that all women want love and marriage and roses and kisses.
I replied. "This woman wants respect and consideration."
That got a laugh but I was serious.
I'm not settling for less...from anyone.

5 comments:

ell said...

"I'm not settling for less...from anyone."

and you shouldn't.

Karl said...

Good Evening Dark Lady,

Why would she want the former, if she didn't have the latter? You don't need to settle for less.

What the Chuck said...

Hi Sugar Beet,

You KNOW I'm a real fan -- I think you're spinning up, and maybe you should just spin down a bit. My recommendation is less Scott Peck, more Chris Rock. Both have the same number of letters in their names.

You are hotness personified -- if you're having a tough time realizing that, go back and watch the video of you doing the dance a while back.

Boy, I sure wish I had a dance teacher like you!

XOXO

Chuck

Heather said...

I think that truly hits the nail on the head. Falling in love is easy, staying in love requires effort.

Don't settle for anything less. It's out there, finding it is the tricky part.

Anonymous said...

You deserve it all. But getting what you deserve is very hard at times. Even though I haven't commented of late, my thoughts have been with you.