8/8/08

My young dancer who injured herself is doing well.
She will remain at Blythdale Children's Hospital for at least the next two months but she is walking and in good spirits.

My youngest will not leave my side which I think is normal considering the circumstances.
She is nervous that I will, well die.
Yesterday she told me , "The only reason I live is to be with you."
She is getting plenty of reassurance and we are talking.

The elder daughter is moody but she's 12 and that pretty much is her natural state.

I'm doing OK, I really let myself mourn at the funeral which is just what I do, I always express my emotions.

I am in rehearsal for a show which opens soon and last night the cast sang Seasons of Love and that made me tear up but besides that so far so good.

Summer is closing fast and I've yet to put on a bathing suit and it doesn't look like I will be putting one on any time soon.
There will be no summer vacation for me this year, well the kids will be on vacation which means I'll have the house to myself which could be considered a vacation of sorts BUT I plan on shampooing the carpets and painting while they're gone.

I WAS really exicted about a summer BBQ party I am attending tomorrow but I just found out another guest will be bringing her three unruly children one of whom is in the cast of my show.
I guess I need to be on my best behavior now.

Sigh

4 comments:

Jim said...

Each time the topic of death comes up in our house, along with their parent's mortality, the kids will always try to end the conversation with something like ". . . but you're not going to die for a long time, so we don't have to worry about it."

Ok . . . but I still get to eat bad stuff around you, right? Otherwise, I'm ready to go now. Lol.

DL, please feel free to put on a bathing suit for us, your loyal fans, before that first cold wind comes out of the north woods. You can shoot one while you're on your "house arrest" vacation, shampooing and painting.

I know I always feel better about painting, while wearing a bathing suit . . . makes clean-up a breeze!

Ok, sorry. TMI.

XO

SignGurl said...

I'm so glad to hear about the young dancer being able to walk. That is a relief.

I wish I could take you with me on the weekends that I've been allowed to get away from it all. You deserve it. I hope you find some peace and semblance while the girls are gone.

Peong said...

I'm glad you are doing OK. You are an amazingly strong woman.

I have noticed that theatre with kids makes for difficult (repressed) cast parties, so to have them showing up other places is too much.

I hope you manage to make some bathing suit time, even if its just napping in the sun in the yard. Maybe you should get and ocean wave soundtrack, close you eyes and train the girls to mist you with salt water every few minutes... Just a thought. It probably won't make you feel any better about it, but I haven't been to the beach since the first week of June, and I live on an island now...

Karl said...

Thank you for the update, no mention of her arms I'm hoping feeling has returned.

Your youngest will get through this, you're handling of the right way.

Good luck with the twelve year old, the teens start soon.

Cold North winds could make that bathing suit shot, pretty perky, go for it;)