8/3/08

WHAT DO YOU GIVE TO THE LADY

WHO HAS GIVEN ALL HER LIFE

AND LOVE TO YOU?

WHAT DO YOU GIVE

TO THE REASON YOU`RE LIVIN`?

I COULD WINDOWSHOP THE WORLD

BEFORE I`M THROUGH.


MAMA, A RAINBOW,

MAMA, A SUNRISE,

MAMA, THE MOON TO WEAR.

THAT`S NOT GOOD ENOUGH,

NO, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

NOT FOR MAMA.

MAMA, A PALACE.

DIAMONDS LIKE DOORKNOBS.

MOUNTAINS OF GOLD TO SPARE.

THAT`S NOT RICH ENOUGH,

NOT HALF RICH ENOUGH,

NOT FOR MAMA.

MAMA, A LIFETIME,

CROWDED WITH LAUGHTER,

THAT`S NOT LONG ENOUGH,

NOT HALF LONG ENOUGH.


WHAT CAN I GIVE YOU

THAT I CAN GIVE YOU?

WHAT WILL YOUR PRESENT BE?

MAMA YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL.

ALWAYS YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL.

THAT`S THE MAMA I`LL ALWAYS SEE,

THAT`S FOR MAMA WITH LOVE FROM ME.

~ from the musical Minnie's Boys by Hal Hackady and Larry Grossman


At 6:00 pm August 2, a woman who became my second mother lost her battle with cancer and passed from this life.
She was the head and heart of her family and her passing leaves a hole that will never be filled.
May she rest in peace.

12 comments:

Heather said...

My sympathy to all of you...

What the Chuck said...

HI DL,

Many hugs...

XOXO

Chuck

terry said...

i'm so sorry for your loss.

Evening said...

I am so sorry for you loss. But what a lovely tribute to her.

Hugs.

KJ said...

I love you

Jim said...

Sincerest, heart-felt sympathy to you and your family.

XOXO

Karl said...

Dark Lady

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

SheenV said...

My sincerest condolences. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'M SO SORRY FOR EVERYONE'S LOSS.
HUGS AND KISSES!

Him said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peong said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm glad for you though that you were able to spend some time with her in the last few weeks.

My sympathy to you and you family.

Zoot said...

Although I don't know you, I mourn with you.